Updated May 15, 2020: The Introspectionist has been removed from this list.
Updated April 24, 2020: The Hairpin has been removed from this list.
If you’re a female writer – or if you can write for a female audience – this is the list for you.
For opportunities on traditionally feminine topics like hair and beauty, to modern writing on feminism and pop culture, check out any of the eight publications below.
- Share your college experience with Cosmopolitan Magazine
- No more than 800 words
- $100 upon publication
- Submit your essay and other details through the online form
- Submit a pitch that speaks to feminist responses to pop culture for their website or print magazine
- Print sections include Features, Dispatches, Department of Everything; word count varies by section
- All writers are paid
- Payment varies but is approximately $500 for Features, $200 for Dispatches and $50 for Department of Everything
- Submit your pitch, outline or draft through their online form following these guidelines
- Apply to become a writer for Pretty Designs, an online women’s blog focusing on topics such as Hair, Health, DIY, Weight loss, Beauty and Literature
- Paid; payment not listed
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org following these guidelines
- Apply to become a contributor to Refinery29; an online magazine featuring diverse voices across fields of style, beauty, health, entertainment and more
- Check this page for their current contributor needs
- If you are an expert in one of their designated categories, apply by sending your qualifications, idea and writing sample to email@example.com
Women’s Voices For Changes
- Submit a piece that joins the “ongoing conversation aimed at redefining the way women over 40 are seen in the culture, and how we see ourselves.”
- Departments include Expert Analysis, Perspectives, and Culture and Media
- 1000 – 1500 words
- $50 per post
- Send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a pitch to Your Tango, a website “all about the relationships you have with the most important people in your life”
- Categories include Love, Family, Self, Heartbreak, Zodiac Signs and Radical Acceptance
- 500 – 1200 words
- Paid; payment details not published
- Submit your pitch to email@example.com following these guidelines
Have another publication in mind that will pay writers to write about women’s interest topics? Great! Share it in the comments below: