Updated April 24, 2020: Stork Guide was removed from this list.
Updated January 11, 2019: Brain, Child Magazine was removed from this list.
If you’re a parent, a parent-to-be or just someone who’s interested in parenting, this is the paid writing list for you.
Below you’ll find 10 publications that pay writers to talk about all things parenting: from fussy eaters to family outings , and from homeschooling to house cleaning – and everything in between!
- Submit your writing to Parent Co., which is looking for “positive, informed, and sometimes irreverent perspectives on topics related to family and parenthood”
- Articles can be investigations, personal essays, roundups, reviews, etc.
- $50-150; plus additional $50-300 social share bonus
- Submit completed work or send a pitch following these guidelines
- Submit a post that supports JustParents’ editorial goal, “To inform and engage users who are seeking information on a parenting or pregnancy topic in an engaging, friendly but knowledgeable way”
- $50 per post
- Complete the contact form (selecting “Editorial Contribution”) following these guidelines
- Local writers can submit posts to Chicago Parent, a parenting news magazine
- Short articles (300-400 words, $25-50); reader essays (400-500 words; $50-100); feature stories (800-1,500 words; $100+)
- Email pitches or queries to Editor Tamara L. O’Shaughnessy at email@example.com following these guidelines
Practical Homeschooling Magazine
- Writers can submit “practical articles (with resource lists and, ideally, photos) that explain how to meet some homeschool challenge or how to venture forth into some new area”
- $50 per article
- Submit your idea and experience via their online submission form; form page also includes guidelines to be followed
- Submit stories that “offer each other support, permission to stumble and an opportunity to connect”
- Feature essays are 400-1,500 words
- Pay rate not disclosed; only feature essays are paid
- View this page for their monthly theme and types of work accepted
- Submit via their online submission form following these guidelines
- Apply to be a freelance writer for Indy’s Child, Indiana’s #1 parenting resource
- Feature articles with a local article, based on these guidelines, following the editorial calendar for topics
- Payment is based on word count
- Apply by email to Susan Bryant, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest, experience and previous samples
Her View From Home
- Submit your writing to Her View From Home, “millions of mothers connected by love, friendship, family and faith”
- Heartfelt articles of 600-800 words
- Payment by view count; up to $100 for 4,000+ views
- Submit following these guidelines
The Green Parent
- Write an article for The Green Parent, “a bi-monthly publication with an international readership of more than 150,000”
- Preference for first-person feature articles based on real experience on topics such as breastfeeding, alternative education, green travel, etc.
- Full length article: 1,500-2,000 words
- £75 per 1,000 words
- Email your article, contact details and bio to Melissa Corkhill at email@example.com following these guidelines
Western New York Family Magazine
- Submit articles that “address current parenting issues with a Western New York tie-in whenever possible”
- Current preference for evergreen articles that fit under “Shape The Future” section, written by dads, or address working parent issues
- $40-150 depending on article length, type, original or reprint, assigned or unsolicited
- Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org following these guidelines
Got another paid writing opportunity on parenting? Leave it below in a comment for the whole Write Your Revolution community to benefit: