Finding jobs that pay is half the battle for freelance writers. But what about jobs that pay you money to write about money? Check out 10 awesome publications below that will pay for your writing on credit cards, accounting, budgets, saving tips and anything else to do with the world of finance.
- one-time or ongoing contributor to FreshBooks blog, a cloud accounting system favored by entrepreneurs and small businesses
- 800-1200 words of original content never published elsewhere
- $200+ per post
- apply by filling out the form with your personal details, portfolio and pitch
Doctor of Credit
- Submit a guest post with the potential of becoming a regular contributor to Doctor of Credit, your prescription for healthy credit
- Min 300 words (suggest 600+) on consumer credit/finance topics
- $50 per guest post; contributors earn a flat fee based on the length of their articles plus additional revenue based on article views
- Submit your guest post to email@example.com following these instructions. Click for more information on the guest post process and type of content they’re looking for.
- Submit a guest post proposal on creating awesome websites, driving traffic, social media or making money online to IncomeDiary
- Original content, never published elsewhere
- Up to $200 per post
- Submit your proposal (title, description and what makes you good enough to write for IncomeDiary) here
The Penny Hoarder
- Submit personal experience posts on unique ways to save or earn money
- 700-900 words; evergreen content that hasn’t been previously covered on Penny Hoarder
- Pay to be negotiated with editors once your pitch is accepted
- Pitch (with headline, idea and previous links of your work) to firstname.lastname@example.org following these guidelines
- Submit a pitch based on one of these topics they would like to see investigated
- Payment reported between $50-$1000
- Submit a pitch (1-3 paragraphs) based on one of the approved topics along with a bio and previously published links through this form
The Dollar Stretcher
- Submit a query for an in-depth, practical article on specific ways to help people save time and money
- $0.10/word for the monthly print version; possible payment for the online publication
- 500-700 words
- Must be an expert in the field of your article or able to source an original quote from an expert
- Submit your query and article to email@example.com following these guidelines
- Complete application to become an ongoing writer for Money Crashers
- Writing on and expertise in topics such as investing, money management, retirement planning, estate planning, tax preparation, credit and debt, real estate, mortgages, frugal living, and lifestyle.
- Competitive base rate pay with monthly incentives based on traffic
- Long-form articles (3000+ words); research-intensive; complex financial topics
- Complete this application with why you would be a good fit, compensation requirements and previously published links
- Submit articles on unusual and interesting, yet practical, ideas for earning and saving more money.
- Min 700 words; prefer 1000-2000 words
- Submit your post to firstname.lastname@example.org following these guidelines
Elite Personal Finance
- Submit an interesting, advanced article on micro-niche topics within finance such as identity theft, loans, credit cards, helpful tips, etc.
- $100/article; known for quick approval time and quick payment
- Aim for 1500-3000 words
- Opportunity to become a long term/recurring contributor
- Follow these guidelines to submit
The Motley Fool
- Apply to be a freelance writer with The Motley Fool with the goal of helping the world invest better
- $50-$100 per article; higher rate if you get offered a contract
- Apply through their career page for openings for freelance writers
I love to join you as a writer in this platform thanks.
Very Helpful. You are lit amazing. I love all your concepts and your blogs. Keep it up. Thanks a lot